- This event has passed.
Put Your Oxygen Mask on First: Self-Care for Care Givers
March 5, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$40
Two Hour Workshop: Thursday, March 5th 6:00-8:00pm
This workshop is perfect for you if you’re a teacher, parent, nurse, or other care provider who is feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, burnt out, and too busy even for this workshop!
Putting YOUR Oxygen Mask on First – means taking good care of YOU so that you can take better care of others.
This 2-hour supportive workshop provides simple, effective, body-based tools and techniques for self-care while you’re on and off the clock . It’s designed to help you incorporate space and ease into your busy, full, demanding lives.
You’ll leave feeling empowered with the knowledge of how to start taking care of yourself – even in the midst of life’s swirling demands.
Enjoy free tea and treats as well as meeting other caregivers in our community.
Amy’s practice and teaching shifted to Therapeutic Yoga after her own past injuries kept creeping in – affecting her practice and the things she loved to do. Amy’s personal experience lead her to developing a keen sense of awareness of how all the aspects of oneself are woven into an intricate web of connections: body, breath, mind, emotion and spirit all providing stimulus for one to navigate on a daily basis. Learn more about Amy here.
My experiences working with clients in both holistic healing and social work models have strongly influenced my current approach to mental health and healing. My other influences include existential, family systems, and ecopsychology theories, as well as my personal yoga, meditation, and qi gong practices. I am interested in utilizing strengths-based approaches to help individuals find personal meaning in relation to the world and other people around us. Learn more about Pam here.
In this class you will…
- Discover the powerful benefits of self-care and why making time for this workshop will be the best decision you make all week (if not all year)!
- Learn to identify your roadblocks to self-care and how to get over them so you can start feeling better and have more energy right away.
- Find out how mindfulness-based tools can allow you to become more fully present in your life, and in return help those you serve in a more meaningful way.
- Experience breath, movement and other deeply relaxing, awareness-building skills that will leave you feeling calm, grounded, and balanced.
- Get clear on how you can start using these skills in the context of your busy day so that the relaxation, peace and joy you feel during the workshop can be infused into the rest of your life!
As a result of this class you will also…
- Learn practical skills to positively impact your work experience, despite the stresses and challenges you face.
- Connect with others in our community who are doing similar work (this is key!).
- Have more mental clarity, body awareness, calm, vitality and ease.
- Receive a handout with our most effective tools for easy relaxation, new skills to practice at home, and references for how to enhance your ability to cope with daily life and give back in a positive and meaningful way to the world.
Space is limited. Claim your spot now by calling 802-658-9440 or register online by clicking here.
$40 for the two-hour workshop
Work-Study: We have one work-study spot available for this group. If you are interested in attending this series for free in exchange for working at the center give us a call at 802-658-9440.
Contributing Participant: Part of our mission at VTCIT is to offer services to all those who would seek growth and healing, regardless of ability to pay. This program offers the option of participating in the series at the cost of $45, $5 of which will be contributed to our scholarship fund, which is used to reduce or eliminate the cost of VTCIT programs and services for those who need financial assistance. You can also contribute directly to this fund, in any amount you’d like, click here for more details.